Senior Manager, Marketing (Queens)
Posted on: May 12, 2022
The Senior Manager, Marketing is responsible for fulfilling the
Macerich brand marketing efforts to key audiences: retailers,
shoppers, community, media, investors, and property team. This
includes, but is not limited to: Strategic planning, budget
management, tenant relations, programming and events, advertising
and promotions, tourism, media, and community relations. In all
efforts, the Senior Marketing Manager will embrace and demonstrate
Macerich Core Values and partner with the property team to increase
the bottom line profitability of the shopping center. Essential Job
- Strong and diplomatic leadership, industry connectivity and the
ability to execute in an executive, highly visibly and fluid
- Identify and foster relationships with government agencies,
economic development organizations and other civic groups to be an
active, informed community leader.
- Support efforts to identify, incubate, pilot new technologies
to advance the shopping experience for consumers.
- Execute high quality marketing activations, events and programs
at the property that properly reflect the Macerich brand and serve
stakeholders' best interests.
- Serve as a senior leader within the property team and
collaborate with marketing colleagues in the market to continually
meet goals as defined by senior leadership. Prepare for and
actively participate in team property visits with senior
- Ability to manage up to VP, Property Management and AVP,
Marketing simultaneously to ensure timely roll-up of key
information through all proper channels.
- Establish and maintain positive alliances with tenants to
understand their business to maximize sales productivity and
- Develop a strong partnership with Leasing to provide support
and resources to shape merchandising at the property.
- Partner with Property Team to consistently enhance the shopping
experience for guests.
- In collaboration with the property team, develop and implement
a Common Area Business Plan (CABP) that increases NOI via strategic
partnerships and business development opportunities.
- Ensure all marketing programs include measurable objectives
that evaluate return on investment and bottom-line profitability to
- Show fiscal responsibility in planning and executing all
marketing efforts, and in any use of Macerich and investors'
- Maximize all marketing programs, events, promotions and
advertising and ensure that programs reflect the Macerich standard
- Implement advertising campaigns across all platforms including
traditional and digital efforts in keeping with brand
- Actively partner with Macerich Tourism to execute against
Tourism Marketing plan and goals of increasing local and national
visitation to the property.
- Manage and evaluate effectiveness and value of media vehicles
(traditional and non-traditional) used to deliver advertising and
sales promotion messages.
- Effectively communicate Marketing programs through approved
collateral vehicles, adopting brand standards for all on-mall
- Effectively utilize, grow and analyze digital marketing and
social media efforts to engage the center customer.
Support and enhance cause branding initiatives at the property
level and establish strong relationships with local non-profit
organizations that help fulfill company and property community
- Establish and foster relationships with local media that
positively impact perceptions of the property.
- Utilize market research to develop and implement a strategic
business plan to increase the value of the shopping center.
- All other duties as assigned. Business Development
- Partner with Business Development on securing revenue
opportunities for the Center across all platforms.
Oversee the implementation and execution of Business Development
events, partnerships, activations and sponsorships.
- Ensure Business Development income projections per the
quarterly forecast process are being met.
- Promote the identity of the Business Development program and
create awareness of other Macerich properties in the region.
- Develop revenues through ancillary media sales targeting
tenants and local businesses.
- Keep abreast of competitive Business Development trends in the
- All other duties as assigned. Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of at least 5 years in retail, marketing and/or
shopping center experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of business development, marketing
and merchandising techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and sales skills.
- Flexibility in the work schedule, as needed.
- All applicants must be able to perform the essential functions
of the position, including corresponding core job requirements,
with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
(and others in accordance with applicable law) to perform the
essential functions of the job, consistent with applicable laws and
Company policy. A Culture of Belonging
At Macerich, we are committed to a diverse, inclusive and equitable
workplace. We believe our diversity creates value for our
employees,workplaces and town centers, and the communities we
We strive to hire great people from diverse backgrounds,and we are
stronger for it. -We want our employees to thrive, feel valued and
respected, and therefore encourage a culture of learning,
acknowledging and celebrating individual uniqueness. We are proud
of our practices and the equal opportunity for employment and
advancement we foster across the organization.
In support of our culture of belonging, Macerich welcomes qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
gender,national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic
information,military or veteran status, marital status, pregnancy
(including childbirth and pregnancy-related medical conditions),
sex, gender expression or identity,sexual orientation, citizenship,
or any other characteristic or class protected under federal, state
or local law. Additional information is contained in Macerich's
Anti-Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation Policy, which can
be provided to applicants upon request. Macerich also provides
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities. If you require accommodation during the application
process or your employment, please contact Human
Keywords: Macerich, Elmhurst , Senior Manager, Marketing (Queens), Advertising , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!