Company: TransTech IT Staffing
Posted on: January 16, 2022
DATABASE ENGINEEROur Company is looking to fill the role of a
Database Engineer. The Database Engineer is responsible for working
with our data storage technologies. Responsibilities include
designing and developing new features to support the needs of the
business data product suite. Our engineers use Oracle Cloud
Services and Technologies to manage and run our current platform.
We are always keen to adopt the best new technologies and invest in
forward thinking. This position is located in Burr Ridge, IL.
THE KIND OF STUFF YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Working with technologies that support our products: Autonomous
Databases, Oracle Data Integrator, PL/SQL, Analytics
- Writing complex ETL jobs and processes to import and transform
data into easily analyzed datasets.
- Enhance the current infrastructure required for optimal
extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety
of data sources using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Develop Python and Linux scripts for Complex Data
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional /
non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery for greater
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data
and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and
support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure utilizing various techniques
- Responsible for Issue Resolution in regards to Data
inconsistencies and sync issues.
- Work with the System Architect to design databases for new
applications and optimize them to run effectively and
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater
functionality in our data systems.THE KIND OF EXPERIENCE YOU'LL
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
Technology or equivalent.
- Experience with PL/SQL, ANSI/SQL, SQL and ETL processes
- Familiarity with Oracle Cloud, networking, operating system and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Facility with version control (git), and knowledge of modern
software development practices and tool belt (e.g. Build and Test,
Continuous Integration, Agile)
- The ability to clearly articulate questions and create design
- Must be able, periodically, to work outside normal business
hours (i.e. early mornings, evenings and weekends) to support
critical systemsTHE KIND OF EXTRA STUFF THAT WOULD BE NICE:
- JIRA and Atlassian suite of tools (Confluence)
- Experience with management of relational databases
- Experience with functional and unit testing
- Reasonable skill with spreadsheets and diagrams
- Experience with Point of Sale (POS) systems and technologiesTHE
KIND OF PERSON WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- A talented, experienced developer with a handle on good
- Someone with a knack for solving difficult problems in complex
multi-component systems, and an interest in learning new
- Must be happy in a highly team-oriented environment where
collaboration between developers and across teams is common; where
giving and receiving of feedback, debate, and constructive
criticism are actively encouraged.
- Our organizational structure is pretty flat so you'll be given
a fair amount of latitude with, and responsibility for, your own
time. ABOUT US:We specialize in gas station loyalty technology and
loyalty solutions. Today, we have 2 Fortune 50 Clients in the
market, Marathon Petroleum & Chevron Corporation, numbering 10K+
fuel stations and growing. Working here provides you the
opportunity to work with a forward-thinking team that works on a
nationwide platform. You'll be joining an organization with a
mission that encourages and inspires all employees to work together
to shape the future of our business. We speak loyalty in everything
that we do - including our internal culture.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- An opportunity to be a part of a culture anchored in diversity
- Full benefits package including
medical/dental/vision/disability and 401(k) option.
- Promotion from within and opportunities to learn, innovate and
expand your skills.
- Positive work environment that promotes terrific work-life
balance within a company with a bright future.
- Office locations in Burr Ridge, IL & Ottawa, IL.
SECURITY AND PROCESSING INTEGRITY:Upon hire:
- Employee credentials are validated.
- U.S. Department of Labor Public Access File for each Labor
Condition Application filed on behalf of a new employee is
- A Background Check is performed.
- A Non-Disclosure Agreement is executed.
Keywords: TransTech IT Staffing, Elmhurst , Database Engineer, Engineering , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!