Project Engineer EDN Engineering
Company: Powell Industries
Posted on: November 18, 2023
The Project Engineer will provide support for the development of
new engineering design opportunities as well as oversee the
execution of large Engineering and Construction Projects. The
Project Engineer will oversee the development of project plans,
specifications, provide bidding support, engineering support,
construction management, and managing the commissioning and
- Facilitate problem solving and coordination, as may arise,
between MEP Subcontractors during design and construction.
- Designs and creates layouts and documentation for electrical
and mechanical building systems that meet project and technical
specifications. Uses computer-aided design (Revit) and other
specialized software tools to generate detailed layout plans,
schematics, schedules and drawings for electrical and mechanical
- Maintains accurate and complete change and version control on
all design files, documents, and drawings. Incorporates best
practices to address design space constraints and ensure compliance
with industry standards, safety requirements, and building
- Collaborates with engineers and other project members.
- May conduct or participate in site visits to inspect
installations or troubleshoot problems.
- Coordination and administration of MEP related materials,
systems and shop drawings submittals.
- Create Revit work sets and understanding of Revit work sharing
process via ACC.
- Validate design issues related to MEP and suggest alternative
- Achieve a detailed understanding of the project scope of work
documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, MEP systems
interrelationships, construction sequencing and project
- Ability to receive and transmit documents on behalf of the
design team, either via posting to website or the Internet or via
- Have solid working knowledge of the most current modeling
applications software, including being able to create and
manipulate Revit families, views, browser structure, sheets,
schedules, filters, and similar Revit functions.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or Civil
- 2-4 in an Engineering role
- 0-1 year of Project Management experience
- PMP certification (preferred)
Skills, Abilities, & Other Requirements
- Fluency in the current version of Revit software
- Ability to create Revit work sets and understanding of Revit
work sharing process via ACC (Autodesk Construction Cloud)
- Fluency in Autodesk Navis Works, Autodesk Design Review and
working knowledge of 3D layout and design
- Fluency for importing documents, such as spread sheets, photos,
images, and word processing files into Revit projects
The employee typically performs duties in a normal office
environment. There may be some work in a manufacturing environment
and exposure to the elements of our factory. Additionally, there
may be some work performed in the field with exposure to
construction sites or active customer facilities.
In our 70+ year history, Powell has always known that our employees
are at the heart of our success. Without question, we have the most
talented people in all parts of our organization. As a
manufacturer, we recruit and hire experienced and knowledgeable
applicants to ensure our product is engineered, fabricated and
assembled to customer specifications!
Powered by Innovation - Powell's culture has and will always be
founded in our "can do" attitude. If we can imagine it, we can do
it. Become a part of our story, and let us help you write yours.
Hard work pays off in all of our teams, with opportunity for
advancement and promotion without sacrificing work-life balance.
Successful candidates must have a legal authorization to work in
the United States on a full-time basis, with only those candidates
selected for interview contacted.
We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
If you need an accommodation in the hiring process, you may contact
. Application status inquiries will not be accepted in this
Keywords: Powell Industries, Elmhurst , Project Engineer EDN Engineering, Engineering , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!