Human Resources (HR) Manager
Company: New Home Star
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Our vision is to build the best new home sales company in the
world--- and we mean it. Do you want to join a highly engaged team
that has a compelling vision? New Home Star is a privately held
sales and marketing company that works with production home
builders as their dedicated onsite sales team. We are a
tech-enabled service provider that has been in operation since 2008
with zero debt, no outside investors and with a +20% CAGR. At New
Home Star, it's our mission to sell more homes more profitably for
our builder partners while creating excellent careers for our
people. Our culture has led to numerous awards, including Best
Places to Work by Crain's and Glassdoor.
We are looking for a motivated, detailed, and service-oriented
professional who is looking for a fun and flexible workplace that
encourages innovation. While we are proud to have flourished these
past ten years in the real estate industry, we still classify
ourselves as a growing company. There are countless opportunities
for someone in this position to quickly move up our Career Path.
We're growing, fun, ambitious, and highly motivated to succeed.
This combination creates an environment where you can develop
professionally and find a long-term place for your career
Our Corporate Support Office is located in the heart of downtown
Elmhurst and is not your typical "corporate" setting. We embrace
collaboration with an open office concept. Imagine an office where
the fridge is never empty, whiteboards are on walls, and ESPN is
playing in the background. Company-branded hoodies are the norm,
and neckties hardly exist. We love our company culture, and truly
value the time we share with one another. From celebrating holidays
in the office with potlucks and team outings to getting out and
giving back to our local community, and receiving generous time off
to spend with our friends and family, this is an awesome place to
As you work to complete your application and research New Home
Star, we highly encourage you to visit and follow us on our
numerous social media platforms to learn more about our
award-winning culture and engage with our current team members!
New Home Star
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
Here at New Home Star, we believe in the power of teamwork. As our
Human Resource Manager, you will work alongside a team of driven
professionals working towards one goal: to build the best new home
sales company in the world. lf you have the drive and passion to
expand your career, you may be a great fit for our rapidly growing
- Oversee and manage the daily operations and ongoing development
of the Human Resources Department.
- This position will have two direct reports.
- Proactively lead the delivery of HR Processes to facility or
business line leadership, developing strategies and plans that
enable the company to meet human capital needs and business
- Support, collaborate, curate and implement HR systems, tools,
programs, policies and initiatives.
- Work alongside and directly with the Senior Director of
Corporate Operations to assist the CEO and other top executives in
HR department matters and achieving organizational goals.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment
laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews
policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Benefit administration. Assist in managing employee benefits
such as health insurance, 401k, worker's compensation, etc.
- Development of an employee and sales associate-oriented company
culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high
- Lead advising issues related to retention, organizational
development, employee relations.
- Demonstrate ability to track/analyze/communicate and intervene
on strategic workforce metrics to include retention, turnover, time
to fill, headcount, labor costs.
- Manage HRIS system to ensure a high level of data integrity,
and draw insights and actions from people data.
- Maintain and keep current company directories and all internal
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, organizational
development, business management or other related field of
- 5-10 years of Human Resource experience.
- 3+ years of previous management experience.
- Knowledge of state and federal labor laws and regulations.
- Ability to create and maintain a collaborative team
environment; to build relationships and effectively work with all
levels of employees.
- Powerful and confident communication skills with the ability to
effectively present to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrable ability to influence decision-making with leaders
and business partners.
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and strong adherence to
the practice of business ethics.
- Tech savvy: Proficient in MS suite (Excel, Power point,
Outlook), Google Apps, HRIS, and ADP.
- Ability to travel to and work out of our downtown Elmhurst
office at least once per week.
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human
Resources (SPHR) certification or equivalent is preferred.
- Generous amounts of time away from work to promote a healthy
work-life balance. We offer paid vacation, paid personal days and
even mental health days in addition to observing the major federal
holidays and taking a winter break in December.
- Access to Medical, Dental and Vision insurances with a company
contribution for you and any covered dependents.
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance and an Employee
Assistance Program provided to you at the company's expense.
- Ability to contribute to a company sponsored 401(k) retirement
plan with a company match on your contributions.
- Opportunities for growth along our clearly defined Career Path,
including mentorship and leadership development programs to help
you achieve all of your professional goals.
- Desktop and mobile access to New Home Connect, our proprietary
sales enablement platform to help you learn, train, and succeed in
your sales career.
- Allowed time away from the corporate office for volunteer
opportunities through New Home Star's Giving Every Moment (GEM)
Keywords: New Home Star, Elmhurst , Human Resources (HR) Manager, Executive , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!