Director Of Nursing
Company: Providence Life Services
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Park Place of Elmhurst, a Continuing Care Life Plan community in
Elmhurst, offers a full range of services including retirement
living, assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing, and more.
Park Place is owned and operated by Providence Life Services, a
faith based, non-profit senior living organization that has been
serving area seniors and their families for over 100 years. Park
Place of Elmhurst is seeking a full-time Director of Nursing (DON)
to join its clinical team in delivering quality care to its
residents in efforts to improve overall quality of life.
The primary purpose of your job is to plan, organize, develop and
direct the overall operation of our Skilled Nursing Service
Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local
standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility,
and as may be directed by the Administrator and the Medical
Director, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is
maintained at all times.
As the Director of Nursing, you are delegated the administrative
authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for
carrying out your assigned duties. In the absence of the Medical
Director, you are charged with carrying out the resident care
policies established by this facility.
Summary of essential job functions
- Manage a 37-bed skilled nursing unit with both long-term care
and sub-acute rehab residents.
- Must have Medicare and geriatric experience.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the
nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities,
in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that
govern the continuing care and retirement community.
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update written policies and
procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the nursing
- Maintain a reference library of written nursing material (i.e.,
PDRS, Federal and State Regulations, etc.) that will assist the
nursing service department in meeting the day-to-day needs of the
- Develop, maintain, and periodically update the Nursing Service
Procedures Manual and nursing service objectives and
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the
Administrator, as necessary/required, concerning the operation of
the nursing service department.
- Assist the resident and Discharge Planning Coordinator in
planning the nursing services portion of the residents discharge
- Serve on, participate in, and attend various committees of
facility (i.e., Infectious Control, Policy Advisory,
Pharmaceutical, Budget, Quality Assessment and Assurance, etc.) as
required, and as appointed by the administrator.
- Assist the Pharmacy in developing, maintaining, implementing,
and periodically updating written policies and procedures for the
administration, storage, and control of medications and
- Evaluate and implement recommendations from established
committees as they may pertain to nursing services.
- Develop performance evaluation schedules, criteria, and annual
reviews for the nursing service department (e.g., RNs, LPNs
- Make daily rounds of nursing service department to ensure that
all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments
in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Report occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, infectious
materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with the facilitys
policies and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
- Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to ensure
that medications are being administered as ordered and that
treatments are provided as scheduled.
- Ensure that residents who are unable to call for help are
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs
designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, as well
as to maintain your license on a current status.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- CPR Certified.
- Must have Medicare experience.
- Previous experience in long term and sub-acute care for 3-5
years; and ICU experience is a plus.
- BSN or MSN degree preferred.
- Compassionate and empathetic personality.EOE
Providence Life Services offers a full benefits package which
includes Medical, Dental, PTO, Sick Time, Retirement Plan, and
Tuition Reimbursement for those that have a school loan.
Financial Flexibility with the All- New On Demand Payment.
Providing early access (before pay-day) to a portion of your earned
Keywords: Providence Life Services, Elmhurst , Director Of Nursing, Executive , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!