Store Manager Trainee
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Jewel-Osco - management training programs are focused on
developing leaders, capable of succeeding in today's competitive
environment. Candidates for this program are selected as a result
of college recruiting efforts, completion of the management
internship, through traditional career pathing within - Jewel-Osco
, and other recruiting efforts. The Steps to success as a Jewel
Management Trainee begins with a blend of formal development
sessions and practical hands on application. The following key
elements are involved:
Jewel-Osco's - most talented store directors provide formal
instruction in leadership and operations throughout the
The training program is comprehensive and advances the individual
through the program at an accelerated pace.
Trainees are given many opportunities to apply their training and
knowledge is real life situations.
To provide and ensure high levels of customer service. To
efficiently manage the operation of the store. To develop and
implement strategies to achieve maximum sales and earning. To
manage, directly or through others, the development of all in-store
personnel so that compliance with all company standards and
policies and procedures are met.
- Responds to and assists customers in a courteous manner;
implements and enforces company standards for customer service.
- Develops and displays a proficient working knowledge of store
operations in order to understand and assist management in plans to
increase store sales and profits.
- Learns and assists in departments throughout the stores in order
to gain an overall understanding of the operations of the
- Responsible for opening/closing the store and beginning/ending
store operations for each day.
- Communicates, supervises, and follows up on tasks assigned to
- Learns and develops proper merchandising techniques and
standards; stocks product in the assigned area; and attaches the
- Attends company meetings for purpose of training, coordination
plans, and communicating policies and procedures.
- Assists management in the implementation of all basic and
Essential Functions under Certain Circumstances
- Orders product to maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Assists management in the preparation of store inventory.
- Retrieves product from storage areas.
- Develops the weekly schedule by ensuring that the adequate number
of associates is available to assist customers and to complete all
daily store tasks.
- Reviews and recaps seasonal programs by documenting the
- Assists with the store register and inventory process to insure
the completion of all product entries and values.
- Assists management with store meeting presentations by
communicating to a group of associates various issues and results
that the company deems to be important.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store management.
A - Jewel Store Manager Trainee must be able to use effective
interpersonal and leadership skills to lead their team as well as
train and motivate each individual team member. The training
program is designed to provide a complete understanding of the
total store operations. The training program is comprehensive and
moves the individual through the program at an accelerated
Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree is required. Please complete
an online application at www.jewelosco.com. - Jewel-Osco - is an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 per year
Keywords: Jewel-Osco, Elmhurst , Store Manager Trainee, Executive , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!