Risk Management and Insurance Specialist
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Risk Management and Insurance Specialist
About UsCome join MedSpeed to help us deliver health! MedSpeed is a
healthcare logistics company that partners with healthcare
organizations throughout your communities to transport a wide range
of medical supplies, specimens, and materials. At MedSpeed we work
as a team, keep our promises and strive to get better every day. We
are looking for individuals who believe in and represent those
values.Today, we have over 150 locations in 32 states but still
have kept that small business, entrepreneurial feel and remain
committed to the same culture established day 1!Our people are at
the heart of what we do and how we support our customers.Why become
a MedSpeeder? Take a look at what MedSpeed offers:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Account - We
offer plans that help you and your family take care of your whole
- 401(K) with Company Match - Helping you make good financial
decisions today and for the future.
- Paid Time Off - We value well-being and encourage work-life
- Opportunities for Career Advancement - Over 50% of our market
managers have been promoted into their roles.
- Training Provided - Our Blue Shirt Certified program ensures
you excel in your role.What you will be doing as a Risk Management
and Insurance Specialist with MedSpeed:
- Manage overall claim exposure and maintain accurate records of
- Identifies and recommends a course of action in support of the
most cost-effective resolution of routine claims.
- Provide advice and guidance on recommended claim settlement or
- Conduct regular reviews of claim exposure to identify trends
and areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies to reduce
overall claim exposure.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on claims handling and the
- Work with the finance department to ensure adequate planning is
in place to account for all expected claim costs.
- Provide training and support to other departments as needed to
ensure effective risk management across the organization.
- Keep up-to-date with changes in regulations, policies, and
procedures related to insurance claims management.
- Communicate effectively with key stakeholders, including
insurance adjusters, internal departments, and external
- Work effectively in a remote setting, collaborating with
colleagues across different time zones and geographies.
- Consults with other adjusters, field managers or support staff
as needed, to achieve favorable claim outcomes.
- Investigates, evaluates, and negotiates settlements by applying
technical knowledge and human relation skills to effect fair and
prompt claim closure and to contribute to a reduced loss
- Redirects the claim file to the appropriate subject matter
expert if the claim becomes more complex or presents increasing
- Applies effective protocols for medical management, litigation,
fraud/abuse and recovery.
- Facilitates meetings with third party administrators and
- Build and nurture a collaborative MedSpeed team culture.
- Other duties as assigned.What you need to bring to be a Risk
Management and Insurance Specialist:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or
- 2+ years of experience in the field of insurance or claims
investigation. Strongly prefer Workers' Comp claims management
experience across multiple states.
- Knowledge of commercial auto and general liability
- Excellent written and oral communication, strong interpersonal
skills; collaborative, able to work well across departments
- Well organized, able to monitor all open claims an update claim
files per documentation guidelines.
- Familiar with best claims practices and applicable laws, court
procedures, precedents and government regulations
- Ability to use relevant information and individual judgment to
determine whether events or processes comply with laws,
regulations, or standards.
- Basic ability to recognize and analyze new or changing
information that could affect the claims handling strategy and/or
potential claims cost, and effectively use the information to
manage the claim.
- Ability to use logic and sound reasoning to identify
alternative solutions for problem solving.
- Ability to create and execute specific goals and plans to
prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Basic understanding of how to evaluate the relative costs and
benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive and cooperative
internal and external relations.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
Keywords: MedSpeed, Elmhurst , Risk Management and Insurance Specialist, Executive , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...