RN Progressive Critical Care Unit
Company: Edward-Elmhurst Health
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Edward-Elmhurst Health (EEH) is one of the nation's 15 Top
Health Systems as designated by IBM Watson Health.
Our system includes three hospitals- Edward Hospital, Elmhurst
Hospital and Linden Oaks Behavioral Health- and an extensive
ambulatory care network that provides comprehensive healthcare to
residents of the west and southwest suburbs of Chicago. The system
has annual revenues of more than $1.5 billion, more than 60
locations across a service area of 1.7 million residents and nearly
8,500 employees. In addition to achieving Magnet status through the
ANCC, both Edward and Elmhurst Hospitals have each earned an "A" in
the prestigious Leapfrog Group's Hospital safety grades.
Come join our system where we focus on a safe, seamless and
personal patient experience!
Provides professional nursing care according in accordance with the
Illinois Professional Registered Nurse Practice Act, and hospital
policies and procedures. Employs critical thinking skills, assesses
patients' condition, recognizes changes, plans and evaluates care,
monitors patients' progress, and records pertinent observations.
Delegates appropriate patient care tasks to other staff. Functions
as a team member to fulfill unit goals. The following are general
characteristics of this job, although duties may vary by assigned
unit or shift.
Progressive Critical Care Unit
Locations: Elmhurst Hospital 155 E. Brush Hill Road
Hours: Full time. Will work 72 hours in a two-week pay period.
Nights 7:00pm- 7:00am Rotate weekends and holidays.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Preferred Education, Skills and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Nursing
2. Required Education, Skills and/or Experience:
* Associate Degree or higher in Nursing
* If Associate Degree in Nursing is the highest degree held, must
graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing within five years of
position start date (effective September 1, 2021)
* Current incumbents with an RN Diploma are grandfathered
* RN Diploma Nurse if position start date is prior to September 1,
3. Required License and/or Certification:
* Current State of Illinois Registered Nurse licensure
* Current CPR Certification issued by either American Heart
Association or American Red Cross
* EKG and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ALCS) preferred at
hire, but within six months of start date into position
Edward-Elmhurst Health offers a comprehensive benefits package
Medical and dental
Paid time off
Fitness Center Memberships
Keywords: Edward-Elmhurst Health, Elmhurst , RN Progressive Critical Care Unit, Healthcare , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!