Inpatient Services RN - NIGHT/PM SHIFT - Med Surg
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: November 20, 2022
Inpatient Services RN - NIGHT/PM SHIFTJob Description Job ID
R0048129 Available Openings 1
Please note the area is Olympia Fields and South Chicago, Set
schedule. 3 days per week.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The professional registered nurse Inpatient Services RN CAP 1 is an
entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program
(CAP). This position is accountable and responsible for the
provision and coordination of clinically competent care including
assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation for an assigned
group of patients. This may include delegation of appropriate tasks
to direct patient care staff including but not limited to RNs,
LVN/LPNs and Patient Care Technicians. As a member of the kidney
disease health care team, this position participates in
decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and quality
improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care, policy,procedures, standards
of nursing practice, applicable contractual serviceagreements,
state and federal regulations.
* Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor and with guidance from the Educator, Preceptor or in
collaboration with another Registered Nurse.
* Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post treatment for assigned patients and
documents in the patient medical record, makes adjustments and
modifications to treatment plan as indicated and notifies
Supervisor, Physician, patient's primary nurse and others as may be
* Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
* Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input including but not limited to Supervisor,
appropriate physician, and the contracted facility primary
* Directs and provides safe effective patient care for assigned
patients as prescribed for all modality specific treatment
* Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates with
direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
* Initiates and coordinates communication with FKC and Non-FKC
dialysis providers and appropriate contracted facility personnel as
needed to provide continuity of patient care.
* Performs the implementation, administration, monitoring, and
documentation of patient's response to prescribed intradialytic
transfusions, including appropriate notification of adverse
reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier.
* Administers medications as prescribed and documents appropriate
medical justification and effectiveness.
* Initiates and assists with emergency response measures.
* Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in staff
training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
* May be asked to provide specialized nursing care instruction to
hospital/facility staff as stipulated contractually.
* May be assigned to assist in an Outpatient facility on an as
* Required to complete CAP requirements to advance.
* Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves
heavy lifting, moving of patients and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
* This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
* The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
* May be exposed to infectious and contagious
* May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
* Day to day work includes, desk work, computer work, interaction
with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
* The position requires travel to training/meeting sites and
between assigned facilities.
* Position requires participation in on-call rotation, night,
weekend, holiday or as defined by individual program needs.
Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians/LVN/LPNs/RNs as a
designated Nurse in Charge, after meeting all the following:
* Successful completion of all FKC education and modality specific
training requirements for new employees.
* Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as a RN.
* 6 months experience in acute dialysis as a RN.
EDUCATION and LICENSURE:
* Current appropriate state licensure.
* Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
* Must meet the practice requirements in all states employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Entry level for RNs with less than 1 year of Nephrology Nursing
experience in the last two years as an RN
* Minimum 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse, 12 months
* 6 months acute dialysis experience (preferred)
* Hemodialysis and/or ICU experience (preferred).
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Elmhurst , Inpatient Services RN - NIGHT/PM SHIFT - Med Surg, Healthcare , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!