Dialysis Charge RN - Olympia Fields Acutes - Dialysis
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Dialysis Charge RN - Olympia Fields AcutesJob Description Job ID
R0048137 Available Openings 1
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The professional registered nurse Inpatient RN CAP 2 may be an
entry level designation into the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP)
for new employees who meet the RN CAP 2 criteria or attained
through advancement from CAP 1. This position is accountable and
responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically
competent care including assessment, planning, intervention and
evaluation for an assigned group of patients. This may include
delegation of appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to RNs, LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
Technicians. As a member of the kidney disease health care team,
this position participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership
functions, and quality improvement activities that enhance patient
care outcomes and program operations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
All duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy, procedures, standards
of nursing practice, applicable contractual service agreements,
state and federal regulations.
* Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor and with the guidance from the Educator, Preceptor, or
in collaboration with another Registered Nurse.
* Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post treatment for assigned patients and
documents in the patient medical record, makes adjustments or
modifications to treatment plan as indicated and notifies
Supervisor, Physician, patient's primary nurse and others as
* Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
* Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input including but not limited to Supervisor,
appropriate physician, and the contracted facility/primary
* Directs and provides safe effective patient care for assigned
patients as prescribed for all modality specific treatment
* Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates with
direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
* Initiates and coordinates communication with FKC and Non-FKC
dialysis providers and appropriate contracted facility personnel as
needed to provide continuity of patient care.
* Performs the implementation, administration, monitoring, and
documentation of patient's response to prescribed intradialytic
transfusions, including appropriate notification of adverse
reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier.
* Administers medications as prescribed and documents medical
justification and effectiveness.
* Initiates and assists with emergency response measures.
* Serves as a resource, leader, coach, mentor and role model for
new and incumbent employees by setting examples of appropriate
behavior, work habits and attitudes towards patients, co-workers,
Supervisors and the company at the facility and area level.
* May be asked to provide specialized nursing care instructions to
hospital/facility staff as stipulated contractually.
* May be assigned to assist in an Outpatient facility on an as
* May serve as a Preceptor to new employees.
* Required to complete CAP requirements to maintain or advance.
* Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
* The position provides direct patient care that regularly involves
heavy lifting, moving of patients and assisting with ambulation.
Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
* This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
* The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
* The work environment is characteristic of a health care facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels.
* May be exposed to infectious and contagious
* May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
* Day to day work includes desk work, computer work, interaction
with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
* The position requires travel to training/meeting sites and
between assigned facilities.
* Position requires participation in on-call rotation, night,
weekend, holiday or as defined by individual program needs.
Assigned oversight of Patient Care Technicians/LPNs/LVNs/RNs as a
designated Nurse in Charge, after meeting all the following:
* Successful completion of all FKC education and modality specific
* 6 months experience in acute dialysis as a RN.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE:
* Current appropriate state licensure.
* Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
* Must meet the practice requirements in all states employed.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
* Entry level for RNs with minimum 2 years or more of Nephrology
Nursing experience in the last 2 years as a RN.
* Acute dialysis experience (preferred).
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Elmhurst , Dialysis Charge RN - Olympia Fields Acutes - Dialysis, Healthcare , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!