Inpatient Services Registered Nurse - RN - Elmhurst, Illinois - Med Surg
Posted on: March 13, 2023
Inpatient Services Registered Nurse - RN - Elmhurst,
IllinoisPOSITION FEATURES:Full Time position to cover Olympia
Fields and South ChicagoPURPOSE AND SCOPE:The professional
registered nurse Inpatient Services RN CAP 1 is an entry level
designation into the Clinical Advancement Program (CAP).-- This
position is accountable and responsible for the provision and
coordination of clinically competent care including assessment,
planning, intervention and evaluation for an assigned group of
patients. This may include delegation of appropriate tasks to
direct patient care staff including but not limited to RNs,
LVN/LPNs and Patient Care Technicians. As a member of the kidney
disease health care team, this position participates in
decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, and quality
improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and
program operations.--PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:All
duties and responsibilities are expected to be performed in
accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care, policy, procedures,
standards of nursing practice, applicable contractual service
agreements, state and federal regulations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor and with guidance from the Educator, Preceptor or in
collaboration with another Registered Nurse.
- Performs ongoing, systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post treatment for assigned patients and
documents in the patient medical record, makes adjustments and
modifications to treatment plan as indicated and notifies
Supervisor, Physician, patient's primary nurse and others as may be
- Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input including but not limited to Supervisor,
appropriate physician, and the contracted facility primary
- Directs and provides safe effective patient care for assigned
patients as prescribed for all modality specific treatment
- Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates
with direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
- Initiates and coordinates communication with FKC and Non-FKC
dialysis providers and appropriate contracted facility personnel as
needed to provide continuity of patient care.--
- Performs the implementation, administration, monitoring, and
documentation of patient's response to prescribed intradialytic
transfusions, including appropriate notification of adverse
reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier.
- Administers medications as prescribed and documents appropriate
medical justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates and assists with emergency response measures.
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in
staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- May be asked to provide specialized nursing care instruction to
hospital/facility staff as stipulated contractually.
- May be assigned to assist in an Outpatient facility on an as
- Required to complete CAP requirements to advance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting, moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation.-- Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
- This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move, with
assistance, machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs., and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
- Day to day work includes, desk work, computer work, interaction
with patients, facility/hospital staff and physicians.
- The position requires travel to training/meeting sites and
between assigned facilities.
- Position requires participation in on-call rotation, night,
weekend, holiday or as defined by individual program
needs.SUPERVISION:-- Assigned oversight of Patient Care
Technicians/LVN/LPNs/RNs as a designated Nurse in Charge, after
meeting all the following:
- --Successful completion of all FKC education and modality
specific training requirements for new employees.
- --Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as a RN.
- --6 months experience in acute dialysis as a RN.EDUCATION and
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
- Must meet the practice requirements in all states
employed.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with less than 1 year of Nephrology Nursing
experience in the last two years as an RN
- Minimum 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse, 12 months
- 6 months acute dialysis experience (preferred)
- Hemodialysis and/or ICU experience (preferred).EO/AA Employer:
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Elmhurst , Inpatient Services Registered Nurse - RN - Elmhurst, Illinois - Med Surg, Healthcare , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...