Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse- RN
Posted on: November 14, 2023
- This postion is for our Chicago East Acutes program. -
Treatments will be at hospitals from the west side of -Chicago out
to Oak Park.
- Usually work three 12 hour shifts, plus one night of on call
- Rotating days/weekends
- Prefer at least 1 year of RN experience, but will train in
PURPOSE AND SCOPE: The professional registered nurse Inpatient
Services RN CAP 1 is an entry level designation into the Clinical
Advancement Program (CAP). - This position is accountable and
responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically
competent care including assessment planning intervention and
evaluation for an assigned group of patients. This may include
delegation of appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff
including but not limited to RNs LVN/LPNs and Patient Care
Technicians. As a member of the kidney disease health care team
this position participates in decision-making teaching leadership
functions and quality improvement activities that enhance patient
care outcomes and program operations. - PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES:All duties and responsibilities are expected to be
performed in accordance with Fresenius Kidney Care policy
procedures standards of nursing practice applicable contractual
service agreements state and federal regulations.
- Performs all essential functions under the direction of the
Supervisor and with guidance from the Educator Preceptor or in
collaboration with another Registered Nurse.
- Performs ongoing systematic collection and analysis of patient
data pre - during - post treatment for assigned patients and
documents in the patient medical record makes adjustments and
modifications to treatment plan as indicated and notifies
Supervisor Physician patient's primary nurse and others as may be
- Assesses collaborates and documents patient/family's basic
learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients
- Recognizes aspects and implications of patient status that vary
from normal and reports to or collaborates with appropriate health
team members for input including but not limited to Supervisor
appropriate physician and the contracted facility primary
- Directs and provides safe effective patient care for assigned
patients as prescribed for all modality specific treatment
- Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates
with direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed.
- Initiates and coordinates communication with FKC and Non-FKC
dialysis providers and appropriate contracted facility personnel as
needed to provide continuity of patient care. -
- Performs the implementation administration monitoring and
documentation of patient's response to prescribed intradialytic
transfusions including appropriate notification of adverse
reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier.
- Administers medications as prescribed and documents appropriate
medical justification and effectiveness.
- Initiates and assists with emergency response measures.
- Serves as a resource for health care team participates in staff
training and orientation of new staff as assigned.
- May be asked to provide specialized nursing care instruction to
hospital/facility staff as stipulated contractually.
- May be assigned to assist in an Outpatient facility on an as
needed basis. - - -
- Required to complete CAP requirements to advance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.PHYSICAL
DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:The physical demands and work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. - Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide
- This position requires frequent prolonged periods of standing
and the employee must be able to bend over.
- The employee may occasionally be required to move with
assistance machines and equipment of up to 200 lbs. and may lift
chemical and water solutions of up to 30 lbs. as high as 5 feet.
- The work environment is characteristic of a health care
facility with air temperature control and moderate noise
- May be exposed to infectious and contagious
- May be asked to provide essential functions of this position in
other locations with the same physical demands and working
conditions as described above.
- Day to day work includes desk work computer work interaction
with patients facility/hospital staff and physicians.
- The position requires travel to training/meeting sites and
between assigned facilities.
- Position requires participation in on-call rotation night
weekend holiday or as defined by individual program
needs.SUPERVISION: - Assigned oversight of Patient Care
Technicians/LVN/LPNs/RNs as a designated Nurse in Charge after
meeting all the following:
- -Successful completion of all FKC education and modality
specific training requirements for new employees.
- -Must have a minimum of 9 months experience as a RN.
- -6 months experience in acute dialysis as a RN.EDUCATION and
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current appropriate state licensure.
- Current or successful completion of CPR BLS Certification
- Must meet the practice requirements in all states in which he
or she is employed.EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Entry level for RNs with less than 1 year of Nephrology Nursing
experience in the last two years as an RN
- Minimum 9 months experience as a Registered Nurse 12 months
- 6 months acute dialysis experience (preferred)
- Hemodialysis and/or ICU experience (preferred).EO/AA Employer:
IdentityFresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: FRESENIUS, Elmhurst , Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse- RN, Healthcare , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!