Posted on: February 20, 2021
Who is BGRS?At BGRS, we create customized mobility solutions
that transform mobility into a driver of recruitment, development
and retention. We are proud to be the partner of choice for many of
the world's most recognizable brands, including 35% of the Fortune
100 as well as the governments of the United States and Canada. Our
diverse client portfolio represents a variety of industry
segments.BGRS is all about mobility. Come join one of the leading
companies in global talent mobility, partnering with some of the
largest organizations in the world to keep their employees on the
move. We are committed to keeping our own talent on a career growth
trajectory by fostering an engaging environment with development
opportunities that create success for our clients and you. We
support our employees by offering a flexible, innovative
environment that allows them to focus on their clients and careers.
We look forward to you joining our team and experiencing the power
of what talent mobility can achieve.Role OverviewThe Database
Administrator role is to design, install, monitor, maintain and
performance tune databases while ensuring high levels of data
availability. This individual will also be responsible for
integrity and availability of databases. The Database Administrator
will report to the Senior Manager.What You'll Be Doing
- Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and
procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure
effective protection and integrity of data assets.
- Work with the Infrastructure teams to ensure databases and
critical data are properly backed up and protected in accordance
with the needs of the application's primary stakeholder and the
firm's disaster recovery and data retention policies.
- Provide day-to-day support for the company's SQL systems and
applications, including monitoring database health to ensure a
stable environment as well as diagnosing and resolving database
access and performance issues.
- Gather requirements and translate them into data distribution
and utilization needs; design databases meeting specifications
addressing content management, content indexing, reporting, and
- Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing
processes for modifications to databases.
- Design, implement and maintain cloud-based database systems
- Ensure all proposed changes to the live application or
infrastructure environments are suitably tested with roll-back
capability and change controls exercised accordingly.
- SQL High-Availability Cluster Implementation, configuration and
- Support Applications implementation projects from initiation to
- Installation of middle tier application layer when
- Provide third line applications support and database
administration support; troubleshoot and resolve escalated
- Provide timely responses and resolution towards database
backup, restore, mirroring, and synchronization requests.
- Contribute to patching, change control maintenance activities,
and on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned to fully meet the requirements of the
What You Bring To BGRS
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information
systems or related certifications.
- Proven 5+ years of technical experience with Microsoft SQL 2
database administration in the installation, configuration and
management in a 24 x 7 global support environment.
- Expert understanding of SQL
Clustering/Replication/High-Availability Implementations, and
Disaster Recovery with respect to the database systems.
- Strong understanding of cloud database technologies (Microsoft
Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.---)
- Strong understanding of the client/server application
- Strong knowledge of Transact-SQL, Stored Procedures, SQL Mail,
SSRS and triggers.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, IIS, DNS, DHCP, and Active
- SQL administration experience in versions 2000 forward with
confidence in converting databases to upper versions
- Ability to document processes and procedures, including
technical diagrams towards organizational data flow.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing ITIL tools and processes;
assessing, creating and executing Request for Changes (RFC).
- Understands the need for documentation and well-defined
- Able to interact positively and with tact with all levels and
be a good team player.
- Able to demonstrate excellent client/customer facing
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; can clearly
explain and present problems and issues to others and contribute to
- Able to make decisions and remain calm while under pressure -
particularly when dealing with difficult situations.
- Methodical approach to work, with a strong focus on accuracy
- Able to work under pressure to tight project deadlines and can
adapt to differing demands; prioritizing tasks, where
- Demonstrates confidence and resilience to overcome obstacles to
deliver what is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What BGRS Offers
- Competitive salary and incentive plans
- Workplace flexibility for a balanced work/life approach
- Comprehensive benefits packages and wellness program
- Generous company-paid vacation days and holiday time
- Challenging, collaborative, diverse corporate culture
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and career development
Follow BGRS As an Equal Opportunity Employer, BGRS embraces
diversity and, as such; is dedicated to considering all qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, marital
status, pregnancy and parenting status, protected veteran status
and any other characteristic protected by law. Employment may be
subject to additional background checks, drug testing and
fingerprint processing. All applicants are subject and consent to
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) terms and conditions.
Please click for a full Privacy Notice.Alternatively, you can apply
to this job using your profile on one of the following sites:
Keywords: BGRS, Elmhurst , Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!