Company: Impact Converting & Systems Solutions
Posted on: June 17, 2022
- To design high performance premium tooling for die cutting
equipment using customer supplied layout/blueprint (file and/or
drawing), customer equipment specifications and OEM standards.
- FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-ExemptROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIESThe
principal responsibilities of the CAD Programmer include but are
not limited to the following:
- Design: Tooling from assorted media (DXF, DDE, EPS, CIM,
ARD/MFG), including layouts, carton samples, engineering
specifications, existing customer programs, vinyls, blueprints,
drawings, and verbal dimensions.
- Design: Tooling for Flat Sheet Fed Die Cutting, Flat Web Fed
Die Cutting and Rotary die cutting
- Flat Sheet Fed Tooling: Die (wood, composite, and
multi-material), Counter (Phenolic and Steel), Stripping Units,
Blanking Units and Makeready Supplies. For Folding Carton and
Corrugated die cutting.
- Flat Web Fed Tooling: Die (wood, composite, and
multi-material), Counter (Phenolic and Steel), Stripping Barrel pin
configuration, and Makeready Supplies. For Folding Carton and
Corrugated die cutting.
- Rotary Tooling: Wood Rotary Dies. For Corrugated die
- Maintain Quality: Follow standards as outlined in Continuous
Improvement and Quality ProgramREQUIREMENTS and PREFERENCES
- Education: High school graduate. Math and blueprint reading
required. Trade school helpful.
- Experience: One-year prior experience in steel rule die or
- Technical: Introduction to drafting, CAD systems and Office 365
- PPE: Safety glasses with side shields, steel toed shoes must be
worn when in manufacturing area. Appropriate company issued gloves
must be worn when working with or handling in - process or finished
tooling and in accordance with equipment manufacturers
- Physical Demands: Ability to work long hours in a manufacturing
environment. Overtime required as needed.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
- The CAD Programmer team reports directly to the Vice President
of Operations.EMPLOYERS RIGHTS:This job description does not list
all the duties of the job. You may be asked by managers to perform
other duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your
performance of the tasks listed in this job description, as well as
any additional duties assigned to you.The employer has the right to
revise this job description at any time. The job description is not
a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may
terminate employment at any time, for any reason.You should be
- Blueprint Reading
- Product Design ExperienceSalary info:$21 - $26 / hr
Keywords: Impact Converting & Systems Solutions, Elmhurst , CAD Programmer, IT / Software / Systems , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!