Elmhurst Hospital Center (EHC) is the major tertiary care
provider in the borough of Queens. The hospital is comprised of 545
beds and is a Level I Trauma Center, an Emergency Heart Care
Station and a 911 Receiving Hospital. It is the premiere health
care organization for key areas such as Surgery, Cardiology,
Women's Health, Pediatrics, Rehabilitation Medicine, Renal and
Mental Health Services.
Job Description 1. Performs major duties and functions as
described for the Staff Nurse.
2. Coordinates, guides and directs the development,
implementation and evaluation of the nursing regimen for
patients/clients within the unit.
3. Coordinates the preparation and maintenance of nursing care
plans and progress notes on patients/clients.
4. Reviews and analyzes trends pertinent to delivery of nursing
care services within the unit and initiates appropriate innovations
or makes recommendations for needed changes.
5. Develops and maintains a system of evaluation of nursing
care, practices and procedures, including evaluation of nursing
personnel within a unit.
6. Conducts conferences to develop nursing care plans and to
promote staff development.
7. When assigned to continuing education for Nursing Service,
assists in planning, preparation, implementation and evaluation of
training and educational activities for nursing practitioners and
Responsibilities 1. Licensed and currently registered to
practice as a Professional Nurse in New York State; and,
2. Demonstrated competence as a Nursing Practitioner; and,
3. Demonstrated commitment to continued professional
4. One year of experience as a Professional Nurse; and,
5. Enrollment in a Baccalaureate Degree program in Nursing,
having attained at least thirty credits toward a Baccalaureate
6. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training