Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
We currently have a full-time opening for a Medical Billing
Specialist in Elmhurst, IL, Patient Service Center. If you are
looking for a fast-paced environment where you can make a
difference every day, this is the opportunity! The Medical Billing
Specialist will assist patients and their caretakers with any
non-medical question or concern.
The right person to join our team is...
This position requires confidence, independent action,
initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions
and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react
and adjust quickly to changing conditions and develop practical
ideas for dealing with them. The style is purposeful, directed at
getting things done quickly. There is strong demand for
high-quality, organized, and repeatable results.
This position is responsible for.
The Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for coordinating
patient and insurance billing for DME, orthotic and prosthetic
devices, meeting accuracy, compliance, and productivity standards.
In addition, S/he reviews all claims to assure proper
documentation, prior authorization, and patient eligibility are met
to achieve successful payment of claims while providing exceptional
customer service to patients, business partners, and customers.
Your day will be very busy this position:
- Coordinates and facilitates new orders from the field
- Performs verification of benefits; contacts patients to inform
them of their benefits; and collects co-Insurance.
- Performs patient registration and check-out procedures.
- Serves as point of contact for sales and service
representatives on updates to orders, patient communication, and
- Performs order entry into Breg Claim System (BCS).
- Coordinates delivery of ancillary products.
- May perform prior and retro authorizations.
- May participate in the fitting and delivering routine
pre-fabricated orthotic devices and/or soft goods that are
non-complex in nature.
- Administrative tasks may include tending to mail, overnight
shipping, fax, copy, scan, file, office supplies, general
correspondence, and the like to ensure efficient office
What your background will be:
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred and
2+ years applicable experience.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance/medical terminology;
insurance cards and major medical benefits; insurance rules and
- Computer proficiency includes web browser/internet search, MS
Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint capabilities. Technical
competence includes the ability to learn new software and
For six consecutive years, Breg has been awarded The National
Business Research Institute (NBRI) Circle of Excellence Award for
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for
this position, please visit our website at www.breg.com and click
on the 'Careers' section.
Breg is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated
to a diverse workforce and Drug-Free work environment.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.