RN / LPN - PRN
Company: Lexington Health Network
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Compassion and Care
the Lives of the ones we Love
in Caring for those we Serve
impact, join our team and be a Hero for HOPE
at Lexington Health Network
- The Registered Nurse (R.N.) supervises the nursing activities
of his/her assigned team, organizes and delegates assignments based
on census, acuity and staffing.
- The R. N. observes, evaluates and treats the physical,
emotional, social needs of the residents; collaborates with other
team members in providing quality care to the residents.
- The R.N. serves as a clinical resource to the staff.
- The Registered Nurse assures quality care, residents rights,
dignity, abuse prohibition and customer service is focused on
- This individual assists to develop and encourage a teamwork
approach within the facility as it pertains to clinical issues and
is responsible for the nursing care of the residents during his/her
- Maintain nursing service objectives, standards of nursing
practice and the implementation of nursing policies and
- Recognizes significant changes in resident conditions and takes
necessary actions to treat and notify physicians.
- Supervises C. N. A. staff, demonstrates ability to supervise
other staff, and delegates tasks for resident care.
- Prepares and administers medication, including IV therapy, and
- Ensures rehabilitative and restorative measures for all
- Attends and actively participates in care plan and stand up
- Accurately and appropriately completes documentation-I&O,
24 hour report, monthly summary, resident admission assessment, and
quarterly assessment. Is aware of needs for comprehensive
assessments and the process for completion.
- Completes all areas of Incident Reports timely.
- Aware of Infection Control Policies and monitors practices of
- Completion of weekly pressure ulcer reports; knowledge of
measuring wounds and wound staging.
- Assures that MAR/TX sheet, I&O and Psychiatric flow sheets
are completed every shift when needed.
- Collaborates with other shift nurses concerning observations
made from 24-hour report. Relays all pertinent data and necessary
follow up when needed.
- Communicates staffing issues and concerns with DON and Clinical
- Relays appropriate accurate and complete resident information
- Demonstrates leadership responsibilities.
- Provides and monitors C. N. A. assignments.
- Delegates responsibilities as appropriate.
- Participates as a team member with all facility staff.
- Other duties and responsibilities deemed necessary and
appropriate by Clinical Nurse Manager or Asst. Administrator of
- The RN is responsible for implementing the facility’s Culture
Contract components through their interaction and implementation of
their role with residents, families and staff.
- The R.N. is responsible for promoting a positive impression for
all prospective residents and families, and welcomes them during
the facility tour process. The R. N. assists the admissions staff
by welcoming new residents and families to the nursing floor, and
providing support to the resident in their new environment.
- Assists other team members when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nursing Process.
- Current CPR Certification or willingness to obtain one within
the first 90 days of employment.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Knowledge and understanding of the MDS and PPS.
- Proper administration of Medications and treatments.
- Knowledge of nursing policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong supervision, leadership, critical thinking, time
management, communication, and delegation skills.
- Development of Interpersonal Relationships with
- Must be able to read, speak and understand the English
- Must be able to propel a resident in a wheelchair.
- Must be able to move items at least 20 pounds.
- Must be able to assist residents in evacuating the building in
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
We offer a professional work environment, growth and advancement,
training, Competitive compensation and a benefits package including
a comprehensive Medical, dental, and vision plan, voluntary
benefits, Credit Union, 401(k) savings plan with company match,
holiday pay and paid time off.
Lexington Health Network provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Lexington Health Network, Elmhurst , RN / LPN - PRN, Other , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!