Company: Providence Life Services
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Park Place of Elmhurst, a CCRC Community offers a full range of
senior living services including retirement living, assisted
living, short term rehabilitation, skilled nursing, and more. We
are seeking a Full-Time Nursing Scheduler Coordinator to join our
team as a key staff member in carrying out our mission to deliver
quality care to our residents by strategically managing our most
important resource - people!
The primary purpose of the Scheduling Coordinator is to
collaborate with individuals on our nursing team and Park Place
Leadership to proactively manage and plan for appropriate staffing
of our health care neighborhoods. The Scheduler will assist both
Skilled Nursing & Assisted Living with their scheduling needs and
will take ownership of our scheduling software, OnShift. The
Scheduler proactively finds proper coverage for our nursing floors
so that we can ensure proper patient care while promoting and
supporting cost effectiveness when coordinating daily staffing.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that both Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing are
properly staffed at all times.
- Takes ownership of the scheduling software and utilizes it to
its fullest potential to: prepare and distribute monthly schedules,
proactively fill shifts, prepare and analyze reports, and minimize
- Actively manages open shifts and actively communicates with
nursing and administrative leadership and HR on hiring and staffing
needs within the nursing department.
- Ensures all employees are staying up to date with all annual
- Assists in payroll processing by reviewing and approving time
cards, and actively managing all vacation and sick requests made by
- Actively manages attendance issues and keeps track of
tardiness, call offs, and no call-no shows.
- Manages the call-off phones and participates in an on-call
rotation on select weekends.
- When necessary, collaborates with staffing agencies in order to
ensure proper staffing.
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in Business Administration,
Accounting or another related field.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to
express ideas and information (both in written and oral form)
clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive
manner. Has awareness of, responds to, and considers the needs,
feelings and capabilities of others.
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions and prioritize
multiple tasks simultaneously with minimum supervision while
consistently meeting deadlines.
- Has strong analytical skills and decision-making
- Able to uphold the confidentiality and dignity of staff and
- Skilled in Microsoft office suite, specifically Excel.
- Must be comfortable in healthcare setting and thrive in an
exciting fast-paced environment.
- Staffing experience preferred but not required.
Providence Life Services offers Independent Living in apartments
and townhomes, as well as Assisted Living, Memory Support,
short-term post-acute Rehab services, and long-term Skilled Nursing
Care in our senior communities in Illinois, Indiana and Michigan.
We also offer home-based services, including Private Duty, Home
Health and Hospice through Providence At Home. If you are wondering
if Providence Life Services is the company you want to work for,
ask our employees. Many have stayed at Providence for decades, and
we're proud of our staff retention.
Providence Life Services offers a full benefits package which
includes Auto, Medical, Vision, Dental, PTO, Sick Time, Retirement
Plan, and Tuition Reimbursement for those that have a school
Keywords: Providence Life Services, Elmhurst , Scheduling Coordinator, Other , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!