Company: TransChicago Truck Group
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Are you looking for a career instead of just a job? The trucking
industry is booming and TransChicago Truck Group is looking for a
Service Advisor to join our growing team. All of our locations are
Elite Support Certified dealerships because of our high standards
and customer service excellence - a certification earned by only 8%
of Freightliner full-service dealerships. We offer competitive
salaries, benefits and an excellent work environment. Could
TransChicago Truck Group be your next career move and do you have
what it takes to come onboard? Check us out and apply today!
Title: Service AdvisorLocation: Elmhurst, ILPosition Summary:
The Service Advisor sells and schedules needed service work on
commercial trucks and equipment for the dealership service
department.Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Write up customer's vehicle problems accurately and clearly on
a service input card, verify customer information. Obtain
- Establish customer's method of payment. Obtain credit approval,
- Create repair orders in the business system, create repair
order files, and secure service input cards with customer
signatures in standardized repair order jackets.
- Notify foreman of incoming work, repair order status, and
comments in CDK.
- Ensure that vehicles are parked in assigned areas. Make sure
they are locked and all keys are marked and put away correctly
using standardized key tags.
- Communicate updates from customer to foreman via comments in
- Check on the progress of repair throughout the day. Contact
customers regarding any changes in the estimate or promised time,
explains cost and time requirements in detail and get proper
authorization before any additional repairs are performed.
- Handle telephone inquiries regarding inbound work and work in
- Review repair orders to ensure that work is completed and
additional work and authorization are noted. Closes repair order as
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Embraces change.
- Able to train and develop others.
- Superior organizational skills.
Education and/or required experience:
- High School Diploma.
- 1-3 years experience in the automotive or service
- Customer service experience.
- Technical experience in engine operation and repair.
- Valid driver's license.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and
do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Keywords: TransChicago Truck Group, Elmhurst , Service Advisor, Other , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!