Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Company : Name Linked
Location : Address
211 W. First St.
Flexible schedules are available from Monday-Sunday, including
days, nights, and weekends.
Everyone that works at the Elmhurst Y shares a passion for making
their communities a better and safer place. Earn a $300 sign-on
bonus upon achievement of your lifeguard certification, provided
you are an active employee working as a lifeguard or swim
instructor at the time of payout. Earn another $300 retention bonus
after 6 months of employment as a Lifeguard or Swim Instructor.
Become part of the Elmhurst Y's aquatic team! We seek to hire
part-time Lifeguards who are dependable, love swimming and are
passionate about keeping our community swimmers safe. Lifeguards
will have the opportunity to work flexible shifts Monday - Sunday
with a starting pay rate of $15.40/hr. Responsibilities:
- Have a positive and welcoming attitude
in order to provide great customer service to members, program
participants and guests at all times
- Supervise and guard the pool and aquatic facility
- Ensure participants adhere to all YMCA aquatic guidelines and
- Examine injured persons and administer first aid or
cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and
medical supplies and equipment.
- Rescue distressed persons, using rescue techniques and
- Contact emergency medical personal in case of serious
- Actively participate in obtaining further water safety
- Attend all in-service trainings and staff meetings as scheduled
by supervisor or center leadership team.Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must successfully complete the YMCA's Aquatics Academy training
program resulting in certification or have current YMCA or American
Red Cross certification as well as current First Aid, AED, CPR and
Oxygen Administration certifications.
- Physical mobility to properly use aquatic equipment to rescue a
200 lb. person and meet other physical requirements required for
- Must be mentally alert to dangerous situations in order to
assure the safety of all swimmers.
- Must be physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies
and administer CPR and First Aid effectively.
- Ability to meet physical requirements based on job
- The YMCA will accommodate reasonable accommodations for persons
with disabilityYMCA Vaccine PolicyWe're committed to the health and
wellness of our employees, members, program participants, and those
most vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to
provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days
prior to your start date unless an exemption for a medical
condition or sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted.Reasons to
work at the Y.
- Be part of a team that cares about one another.
- Make a difference. Contribute to building a better, stronger
community for all
- When you work here, you will find opportunities to try new
things. Every day is something new.
- YMCA Membership, discounted programs, and much more!
- The job was designed with your schedule in mind. Part-time and
full-time positions are available, making jobs at the Y ideal for
students and non-students alike!
- Easily accessible commute Be part of our missionThe mission of
the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families,
and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through academic
readiness, character development, violence prevention, fitness, and
healthy living. We rely on the expertise, passion, commitment, and
energy of our teachers and other team members to help us achieve
our mission one child, one family, and one team member at a time.
Child Abuse Prevention: Support the YMCA's commitment to child
abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Elmhurst , Lifeguard, Other , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!