Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Company : Name Linked
Location : Address
211 W. First St.
Fitness, Health, Wellness
All shifts available including days, evenings and weekends.
Find Your Purpose! Personal Trainer Opportunity! The Elmhurst YMCA
is a leading community-focused nonprofit facility located in
Elmhurst, IL, and is part of the YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
family. Following the Y's impact for more than 150 years, the
mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children,
families, and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through
academic readiness, character development, violence prevention,
fitness, and healthy living. In addition to joining our mission and
making a difference in your community, the YMCA of Metropolitan
Chicago offers great perks for all part-time employees.
- Free YMCA membership
- Employee Assistance Program
- Earned Sick Leave
- Flexible scheduling Position Summary: We are looking for
energetic, creative, and enthusiastic Personal Trainers to join the
YMCA team. This position is great for candidates looking to impact
a growing, dynamic organization and their community significantly.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements safe, effective, and enjoyable fitness
programs that will meet the unique needs and wants of each
- Plans and instructs individuals, small groups, or classes with
a personalized approach following YMCA standards and
- Contacts members regularly to follow-up on the progression of
their fitness program.
- Keeps accurate records of members' progress.
- Discusses and promotes all YMCA programs. Motivates members to
commit to long term participation.
- Ensures safe and effective workouts. Responds to and reports
accidents, incidents, and equipment problems.
- Attends staff meetings and training as required to meet
certification requirements. Requirements and Preferred Experience &
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent with at least a
year of Personal Training experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- NASM, ACSM, ACE, or AFAA highly recommended at the time of
- Must obtain strength training certification and YMCA Principles
of Health and Fitness within 90 days of hire.
- Working knowledge of preventative health and fitness programs
- Ability to motivate and lead members.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to work with varying fitness levels and ages. YMCA
Vaccine PolicyWe're committed to the health and wellness of our
employees, members, program participants, and those most
vulnerable. If hired by the YMCA, you will be required to provide
proof of COVID-19 vaccination no later than two (2) days prior to
your start date, unless an exemption for a medical condition or
sincerely-held religious beliefs is granted. Child Abuse
PreventionSupports the YMCA's commitment to child abuse prevention
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Elmhurst , Personal Trainer, Other , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!