Ice Rink Attendant
Company: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description The YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago is an evolving
global model of social enterprise and innovation. Joy is rooted in
what we do and how we do it. This model architects culturally
relevant, shared experiences, breaking barriers, and fostering
connections among generations and diverse communities, through
physical and digital avenues. The entire organization remains
focused on helping human beings find their value and share it with
The YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago is committed to strengthening
community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose, and
Pay starts at $15.86 per hour
The Ice Rink Attendant is a key member of the Ice Rink Team
responsible for monitoring the ice rink and providing assistance
and protection to users of the facility as outlined under the
standards of the YMCA. This includes providing a high level of
customer service at all times and ensuring a safe, welcoming
environment that ensures the physical and emotional well-being of
members and guests.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Provides a high-level of customer service to members, program
participants and guests at all times. This includes greeting and
monitoring skaters entering and exiting the rink and providing
skates as necessary.
- Supervises and guards the ice rink and facility and ensures
participants adhere to all YMCA guidelines and procedures.
- Examines injured persons and administers first aid or
cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and
medical supplies and equipment.
- Contacts emergency medical personal in case of serious
- Attends all in-service trainings and staff meetings as
scheduled by supervisor or center leadership team.
- Supports the mission and vision as assigned.
Child Abuse Prevention - Supports the YMCA's commitment to child
abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard
to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping
children safe in our facilities and programs, including those
related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and
procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
- Some experience in ice skating
- Commitment to, and a passion for, the YMCA of Metro Chicago's
- Customer service orientation, with the ability to effectively
communicate on a regular basis with internal/external customers,
build relationships, manage customer expectations and take
responsibility for a high level of service.
- Must be physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies
and administer CPR and First Aid effectively.
- Evidence of YMCA Team competencies in prior experience or
- Ability to meet physical requirements based on job description;
The YMCA will accommodate reasonable accommodations for persons
Behaviors Team Player - Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic - Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Motivations Ability to Make an Impact - Inspired to perform well by
the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
Growth Opportunities - Inspired to perform well by the chance to
take on more responsibility
Self-Starter - Inspired to perform without outside help
Keywords: YMCA of Metropolitan Chicago, Elmhurst , Ice Rink Attendant, Other , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!