Data Analyst II
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: November 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Firm Analytics partners with business areas to provide
analytical and financial insights for firm decision making and
strategic planning. We use advanced data manipulation techniques,
data visualization and statistical analysis to provide actionable
insights to the enterprise.
- Design and execute measures, KPIs and descriptive analytic
analysis by leveraging business acumen and analytic acumen.
- Design and develop technical and functional prototypes to
uncover business questions, validate use cases and capture key
- Query, manipulate and validate data across multiple domains
using database technologies and querying languages (SQL, Snowflake
- Analyze the effectiveness of programs, perform calculations,
summarize, and present insights to enhance future efforts using
appropriate descriptive statistical methods.
- Conduct meaningful descriptive data analysis to inform business
decisions. Primarily by performing root cause, exploratory,
sensitivity and scenario analysis, hypothesis testing, economic
modeling, and data visualization to identify
patterns/trends/insights etc. on ambiguous business problems.
- Create data visualizations that simplify complex information in
a robust, accurate, and appealing visual story that engages end
users and drives them to action.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams responsible for
implementing projects in support of divisional and firm-wide
business objectives; occasionally lead cross-functional teams
responsible for divisional objectives while following an analytics
- Communicate across a wide range of audiences with specialized
subject matter expertise including Finance, Compliance, Marketing,
Products, Branch Development, and Technology.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify
opportunities for leveraging data & analytics to drive business
- Proactively recommend improvement to processes and controls
related to area responsibilities while quantifying the impact of
changes for leaders.
- Maintain a good understanding of business objectives, key
business drivers, strategies and priorities, to inform an analytic
approach to address business questions.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking required.
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics required.
- Undergraduate degree required. Mathematics, Sciences,
Engineering, Finance, and Information Systems preferred. Advanced
degree is a plus.
- Ability to extract and analyze large amounts of data using at
least one data manipulation language required (SQL preferred.)
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks as well as
adjust to changing priorities with minimal leader oversight
- Strong analysis skills, primarily investigating and explaining
trends and variances using statistical techniques required.
- Works effectively in both an independent or team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate with associates and
leadership in cross-functional settings using verbal, written and
presentation skills required.
- Technical proficiency in the following: SQL, Oracle Database,
- Data manipulation languages such as Snowflake, Hive, Pig, XML a
- Visualization tools such as Power BI, Qlikview, or Birst a
- Statistical tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, Python, or Dataiku, a
- Microsoft Excel - experience using pivot tables, formulas,
macros/VBA a plus.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Elmhurst , Data Analyst II, Professions , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!