Outside Sales Representative
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Fast-talking, glad-handing, double-dealing slicksters.Not our
At Terminix Nation, our salespeople are relationship builders and
problem solvers. They're the engine that keeps Terminix running.
And we reward them accordingly with a competitive salary and
benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k) with company
match, and more. There are also opportunities to get trained, gain
new skills, and build an awesome career. But first things first.
When you start in sales at Terminix Nation, you'll get down and
dirty. You'll learn how to inspect and identify infestations (or
potential infestations) of all kinds of organisms, insects, birds,
and other pests. You'll learn all about what we do and how you can
make your clients' properties safer and more secure. Once you've
learned that, you'll turn your talents to proposals and
presentations that result in sales. As a Commercial Sales
Professional, here's what you can expect
- You won't be tied to a desk. You'll be out and about - mobile,
independent, and growing your career with a clear view of next
steps. You'll be the face of Terminix to your local community (with
the backing of a national brand), and your clients will count on
you to protect their businesses and livelihoods.
- When you first join Terminix Nation, you'll spend a few months
in training. Once you've got that and some state required licenses
and certificates under your belt, you'll take the lead with your
- You'll get rewarded with competitive pay and robust benefits to
cover you and your family. As a teammate, you will be eligible for
a 401(k) with company match, company-paid life insurance, tuition
reimbursement, and a generous student loan repayment program. You
put in the work, and you'll reap the rewards.
- You'll be part of a community - bonus points if you're already
a leader in yours. Our bonds are strong at Terminix Nation and the
relationships we develop in the communities we serve are
unparalleled. Our teammates give back through volunteering,
donations, scholarships, and more.
- You'll be onboarded and trained by the best of 'em. You'll get
paid to get licensed, something you'll have for a lifetime. You'll
know how to bust bugs at home, too.
What your days will look like
- Hit the books with training modules and hit the streets with
on-the-job training with your teammates. You'll learn product
knowledge and sales techniques for selling the full suite of
Terminix products. We'll train and support you through state
licensing and other company requirements.
- You'll inspect and assess pest problems with precision and
suggest Terminix solutions following company policy and pricing
- You must be obsessed with the customer's experience -
delivering exceptional service, following up to ensure
satisfaction, and thinking creatively about how to grow the
relationship. You'll have to be thoughtful about navigating the
intricacies of commercial properties and management. And if an
account is delinquent, you'll need to handle that with grace and
- Of course, you've got to like to sell solutions to problems.
You will be expected to meet and greet potential customers to
generate new business for the branch.
- There's an opportunity to grow into a role you're passionate
about and fits your skillset - whether that's management or another
opportunity at Terminix.
Some non-negotiables There are some things you'll just need to have
or know to join Terminix Nation as a Commercial Sales Professional.
- A high school education or GED.
- A valid driver's license from your current state of
- Strong customer service, communication, and critical thinking
skills - in fact, we'd be really impressed if you came to this role
with related experience and/or training in sales.
- Some basic math skills - add, subtract, multiply, and divide in
all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. You'll need to be able to follow instructions for mixing
on product labels.
Straight talk about the physical demands of our work We're not
going to sugarcoat it. The essential functions of this job have
some physical demands (of course, reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.) Here's what we mean:
- You've got to be able to move up to 10 lbs. regularly and 11-20
lbs. frequently, whether that's lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- You'll move around a lot - regularly sitting, climbing,
balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. You'll go
up and down stairs, ladders, scaffolding, ramps, and poles. And
you'll need to keep your balance when walking, standing, or
crouching on narrow, slippery, or moving surfaces. (You'll
definitely get your steps in.)
- You must be able to safely operate a motor vehicle and make
sure it and all other equipment is kept clean.
- The vision to perform detail-oriented activities at distances
close to the eyes or within arm's reach.
- Sometimes you'll need to wear personal protective equipment
(PPE), like an OSHA-compliant respirator, and you'll need to be
okay with regularly working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or
passageways (you know, where critters live). Terminix companies are
proud to be Affirmative Action (AA) and Equal Opportunity Employers
(EOE) inclusive of veterans and those with disabilities. California
residents click here to review your privacy rights.
Keywords: Terminix, Elmhurst , Outside Sales Representative, Sales , Elmhurst, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!